Dark eye circles and sagging bags are a common problem and can leave you looking 10 years older. But before you choose a treatment for this “tired skin” - it's important to determine the cause.
Types of Dark Circles:
After a thorough skin analsyis – your therapist will ascertain whether you have a blue hue with visible veins and capillaries and/ or a brown speckled hue.
- Blue Circles: these result from oxygenated blood pooled beneath the skin. Skin here is very thin and almost transparent, so blood shows through. This is more noticeable in the morning: When we’ve been horizontal for a while, fluids accumulate and the veins expand to hold more blood. Blue circles may get worse with age. As we age, we lose volume and subcutaneous fat, which often masks blueness in youth.
- Brown Circles: result from hyperpigmentation, triggered by chronic eye-rubbing, sun exposure, or genetics. They are most prevalent among Asian and African skin tones.
What causes dark circles?
- Facial aging and dark circles
- Volume loss or fat descent in the cheeks
- Lower eyelid (canthus) laxity
- Thinning under eye skin
- Bulging under eye fat
Lifestyle choices and under eye circles
- Hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage
- Caffeine/ Alcohol consumption
- Sleep deprivation
- Dietary deficiencies
Other causes of dark under eye circles
- Hyperpigmentation caused by melasma
- Allergies/ Nasal Congestion
- Medical conditions (eczema, thyroid problems, etc.)
- Venous congestion in under eye blood vessels
- Environmental exposure
Clients must be treated with a tyrosinase inhibitor and retinol rich topical product (see Home Care). There are several effective and safe means to minimize and remove pigmentation, dark skin, freckles and blemishes for flawless, even toned skin.
Using a unique combination of treatments and products – Dermetone brightens and clarifies by delivering active ingredients deep into the skin and lifting dark pigment out of the epidermal layer.
- Microneedling: This is a medically accepted clinical procedure that creates fine channels in the scar tissue to trigger the body’s natural repair response. In addition –these tiny pores allow the infusion of serums and actives deep within the dermal layer where they are most effective.
- Microseismic iSense Pen: This massage therapy is designed to contour the acupuncture points around the eye area, enhance blood and micro circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Treatments are approximately 45 minutes in duration and are done every 2-4 weeks.
Generally clients can expect to come through for 6-8 treatments and the magnificent improvements may be seen from your 2nd/ 3rd session
Home Care Essentials:
Treatment is initiated at the clinic but must be continued at home as prescribed.
Results are accelerated and more predictable when professional treatments are maintained with homecare products.
A customised range of products will be prescribed after a skin assessment has been conducted and a detailed medical history noted.
Amazing results have been achieved with a combination of treatments and the following products: